Saturday, May 25, 2013

Recibos de Luz y Agua

As I've already mentioned, mail is not reliable here.  So, you just can't pay your utilities via check in the mail.  Online payments are an option (if you have a credit card... which I don't), but it doesn't seem to be as common as I'd expect.  So, how do you pay your bill you ask?  Apparently (I haven't tried it yet), you can go to any Oxxo (like a 7-11) or a bank to pay.  Thankfully, per my prior blog, banks have very convenient hours so thanks for making that easy.  Oh, and the best part?  You can only pay at these places until the due date.  If it's late you have to go to the company site to actually pay.  Keep in mind that the mail sucks, so I usually get bills after the due date.  So next time you pay your bill online or get your bill in the mail before the due date and get to pay it by check in the mail, be thankful for how easy your life is.

No comments: