Monday, March 18, 2013

Mascotas: Perros o Gatos

So, a quick blog on the ever important conversation of which is better… the dog or the cat?  Well, you can’t even have that conversation here.  It’s the dog… duh.  In the 3 months I’ve been here, I’ve seen about 5 cats.  I can’t even tell you how many dogs I’ve seen.  Millions, I would guess.  The dog is the preferred pet here, no doubt about it.

Fairly frequently, I tend to go to the park in front of my house.  I’ve decided to nickname this park, R&R … aka Romance & Running.  Romance because there are always at least 5-10 couples “dozing” in the shade or at night making out in the darker areas of the park… and Running for those who have no romance in their lives and decide that running past all these blissfully happy people gives them the bitter motivation to keep running.  Ok, you’re probably wondering why this is under the Pets blog.  Patience… I’ll get there… Now, I’ve always loved a good sun bathe or nap in the shade, but I usually always put a blanket down.  I see so many of these couples lying in the grass and can’t help but think about the last time I saw a dog squat in the grass or “mark” his spot.  I think about the millions of dogs I saw just this morning out and about.  It’s literally like lying down in the grass at a dog park.  I’m not quite sure how a dog park works, but I’ll clarify… a dog park in which NO ONE picks up the poop from their dogs.  I’m sorry, but romance or no, I’m not ever lying straight on the grass in that park.  So, every time I see a happy couple lying in the grass, I just chuckle and keep on running.

No comments: