Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Arriba ya del caballo...

Well, this last weekend was a long one.  Monday was a holiday!  Yay!  But it also meant I had to find something to do with myself for the entire weekend.  So, I finally went and took care of what I've been meaning to do for the last month or two.
Yep, that's right.  I went horseback riding!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  The horse I got was actually pretty great.  Pretty responsive considering all the crap she's gotten over the years from people who have no idea how to ride.  I couldn't run around as it was definitely more trail riding than arena riding, but I did get a few good canter strides.  Anyway, so when I got on I asked the guy if there was a map to the trails or anything and he says, "Nah, the horse knows the way".  Problem is, I never let the horse do what it wants.  As far as I could tell, this horse was lost.  Probably cause I liked directing it too much and got it all off its groove.  Luckily, after wandering around a while, it wasn't too hard to figure out where all the trails led.  It seemed like a pretty straight up circle with some weaving in and out of the main route.  The guy also assured me the park was huge with lots of trails.  After going through the entire loop with many detours, I went through it again to make sure I didn't miss anything and was done in an hour and a half.  Not long enough for my liking.  Nevertheless, I enjoyed my ride.  I even had to get off to help some teenagers with their horses since they had no idea how to ride and the horses just wanted to eat grass.

The area was rather interesting... but since it's the dry season it was mostly dead and dusty.  I'll be excited to return when it's prettier, but either way, I enjoyed the scenery and the horse ride.  Needless to say it was fairly cheap.  I paid 100 pesos for the hour and a half ride... about $8.  Anyway, here are the rest of my pictures.  Enjoy!
The horn of the saddle was so big...
I had to take a picture.

This was a large cactus on the side of the trail.
It was really tall, though it looks small in this picture.


This little creek was the wettest part of the park.
Otherwise it was dust-bowl dry.



2 comments:

Carma said...

I'm so glad you're keeping a blog about your adventure in Mexico! I like feeling like I'm keeping up with with you, even at such a distance.

The Spoiled One said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it Carma! Hope you are well!