Ok, this post is a little late in the making, but it had to be written. I was at lunch with some co-workers and we were talking about going to Chapala (a lake south of Guadalajara). A bonfire came up and I was like... "ooooo we could have Smores!!!"
Now, in the US everyone would be ecstatic. Who isn't ecstatic about Smores? But here I got the blank stare. They didn't know what Smores were. How tragic. I think I finally found my reason for coming to Guadalajara. I need to bring Smores to these people who don't even know what they're missing! I try to explain a graham cracker with little success. I explained the chocolate and marshmallow with success (which shows where my priorities are). In the end to get the full idea, they used their iPhones to google it. They finally recognize what I'm talking about, but they've never tried it.
Since I've already made plans for Salsa lessons, clearly my next priority is to teach the art of Smore making to the people here.
No comments:
Post a Comment