Monday, February 4, 2013

Ya No Puedo Caminar

I feel like that popular song, La Cucaracha*.  I can barely walk.  I spent all day Saturday either leaning over, on my knees or in a crouching position.  But hey, I have a thoroughly scrubbed living room floor and bedroom to prove my hard work.  When I first saw the place, I thought it was small.  It's not.  It's huge when you have to scrub the floor like Cinderella.  I don't think my hamstrings have ever hurt so bad in my life.  I'm pretty sure they're broken.

Anyway, needless to say I was able to get my furniture delivered on Saturday.  Apparently some of it was bought assuming, "some assembly required".  :-/  Dang it.  So, now I have to borrow some tools and figure out how to put together a futon and a dining room table.  According to the deliverer, it's pretty easy.  With my abilities, I highly doubt easy will be the word that comes out of my mouth when I'm finished.  I got my fridge (the smallest size without being a mini-fridge) and what do you know, it doesn't quite fit.  Figures.  There's still room to get into the kitchen even if it doesn't fit past the cupboards, so I guess it'll have to do.  Meanwhile, my bed fits nicely into my room even though I was a bit concerned about whether it would fit.  I guess I just got used to a very large room in that basement in Rochester.  Apparently I should've been more worried about the fridge fitting.

Mostly what I'm concerned about now is whether my hamstrings have enough left in them to clean the kitchen and bathroom.  Ugh.

*la cucaracha la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar, porque no tiene porque le falta, una patita para andar
the roach, the roach, cannot walk, because it doesn't have, because it's missing, a little foot to walk.

No comments: