Monday, April 22, 2013

Las Cucarachas de Verano

Well, the season is starting.  No, I'm not talking about Spring.  It's cockroach season!  In the past month, I've ran into three cockroaches... which to be honest is pretty low (knock on wood).  I've plugged all the drains and that seems to have solved the problem for now.  Luckily the ones I did run into were already dead or they flipped themselves on their backs and couldn't get flipped back over before I was able to get to a broom and dust pan ... and then of course quickly throw them into the trash (ok, ok... with some slight screaming and what I've lovingly now called the "cockroach" jig thrown in). 

So since I have to suffer, you do too... so for those that are squeamish, you may want to move to the next blog... anyway... when I speak of cockroaches, I don't mean the size of an over-sized button, I mean the size of half a hot dog.  You can now thank me for making you never want to eat a hot dog again (I hear they were pretty bad for you anyway).  I'm really hoping I don't have too many more experiences with cockroaches.  I had enough to last a lifetime in Honduras.  The sad part is that if I just take my past history 3 cockroaches in the 4 months I've been here, I'll have to get rid of (aka have close encounters) with 18 more cockroaches.  Sometimes I hate numbers.

No comments: