I went home in December. The first time I've been back to the United States in almost a year. So, I decided to write a list of the things that I loved while back in the US.
1. Driving
I loved being able to drive. I miss it terribly and having the flexibility to go anywhere I want at any time was a luxury I thoroughly enjoyed
2. Streets
Obviously with driving in the US, there are benefits. One, everything is well marked. My smartphone wasn't in service, so I had to depend a lot on road signs and they were plentiful and easily read even with my horrible eyesight. Also, the streets were well-paved and easy to drive. Phoenix is a very "spread-out" city and the traffic lanes are no exception. Plenty of room for a small sedan. Welcome "auto-pilot" driving.
3. Never taking out a single penny in cash
I didn't have to worry about cash. In fact, I didn't have a single real dollar in my purse the whole time I was there. Ahhh, the beauties of buying EVERYTHING with a little plastic card.
4. Baking
Oh my long missed brown sugar!! How you make everything taste AMAZING! I did my fair share of baking while I was in the US and I took full advantage of the fact that everything I made once again turned out delicious (which is always somewhat iffy in Mexico).
5. Cheap good quality clothes
This is not something I expected, but it truly is cheaper in the US to buy pretty much anything you wear... whether that is jewelry, jeans or tshirts. I went all out and bought myself a new wardrobe... which was desperately needed. I'm positive that the same wardrobe bought in Mexico would've cost me at least double or triple what it cost me in the US.
Overall, I enjoyed my visit... especially seeing my family. However, now that I'm back, people ask me what I missed most about the US. And literally, these are the five things I can come up with. Which in all reality... isn't much. I guess I'm more adapted to Mexico than I thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment