Friday, August 9, 2013

Dia de Independencia (EEUU)

I really do love July 4th.  It's probably one of my favorite holidays.  The BBQ's, the overeating, the fireworks and patriotism... and most of all the first real summer party.  It's just an overall fantastic holiday.

However, I have to say that NOTHING beats a 4th of July outside of the states... if you plan it right.  I had a party with my team from work to celebrate July 4th.  I bought all the fixings for a real 4th of July meal... hamburgers, bbq/sour cream & onion chips, corn on the cob and root beer floats.  It was a lot of fun to share this holiday with my co-workers.  We talked about traditions for the holiday and generally enjoyed the celebration.  Sadly, we didn't have any fireworks since it's not the season for them in Mexico, but we did watch Independence Day.  Classic July 4th movie... though I haven't seen it in so long, that I kind of laughed at all the corny special effects.  Anyway, I had a good time and the only thing I really missed was the big fireworks show, but oh well, you can't have everything in life.

No comments: