Yes, I am that American. Sometimes you just can't fight the craving no matter what country you're in.
So, I've devoted an entire blog to my favorite McDonald's value meal. The grilled chicken sandwich. Apparently it's not a very popular item in Mexico cause it doesn't get its own number. Which, normally wouldn't matter too much... except that I have to figure out how to say, "I want a grilled chicken sandwich meal" instead of just, "I want a number 9". Thanks McDonald's for making this international move easier. So, does anyone know how to say grilled? I still haven't figure it out. On the receipt it says, "McPollo Grill". So, I guess I was just supposed to say grill, not "grillado" (trust me, the lady had no idea what I meant when I said that... it was a pretty crappy attempt I must admit). Anyway, this is one of the hardest things about Mexico. It's a weird combination of English and Spanish. Can you please just pick one or the other?
Anyway, I finally get past the nerve-racking order stage and after a while I get my food. For those who may not have memorized the entire menu with ingredients, the grilled chicken sandwich consists of bun, a generous amount of mayo, sparse lettuce, tomato and chicken. In Mexico, it comes with lettuce that looks like it came out of the garden selection salad bag (yes, with carrots) and purple onions. Otherwise it's not too different. Oh... except for the packets of jalapeno salsa that come with it... no questions asked. I mean, even in the states you have to ask for ketchup packets... oh no, not here... it's an automatic assumption that you need something to spice up your boring grilled sandwich.
Buen Provecho!
P.S. I finally looked up grilled and it's a la parrilla... I'll try that next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment