Alright, this post is long time coming and I'm finally trying to catch up a little on some of these posts.
A while back, IBM had a fire drill. We were all supposed to exit and find our "meeting spot" outside. Basically the same as what happens in the US. The only difference is that you get in a line and depending on the amount of time it takes you to get to the meeting spot is whether you get a sticker that says, "I'm ok cause I know my evacuation route and acted correctly during an emergency situation." or a sticker that says "I'm dead". Ok, I'm kidding there's not an I'm dead sticker, but basically not getting a sticker means you didn't make it out unscathed.
I don't know why, but the stickers are incredibly funny to me. The first time I saw them, I literally laughed out loud. But hey, I guess they're probably a pretty good indicator as to whether you would survive in an emergency. I know several co-workers in the US who could probably use this lesson. I was (and probably still am) one of them as I generally wait and see if we really have to do the fire drill thing or not... that lazy hesitation will probably be what kills me. Anyway, it was a fun little difference between the US that I noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment