I recently had the chance to spend the weekend in a small town on the west end of Lake Chapala. To be honest, it's a gorgeous area. It's right on the west end of the lake, so you see the beautiful curve of the lake and the mountains surrounding it. When it rains, the clouds cover the mountains like a blanket and it's just mesmerizing.

The town of Jocotopec is small, about 40,000 people, and it has a very cute little center of town. I have yet to get a picture of it... again blame the fact that I'm looking around too much to remember to take a picture. They have a whole bunch of street vendors and you can get tacos, pizza, churros, ice cream. All the Mexican "junk food" you can find. It's pretty much fantastic. Oh, and the ice cream is to die for. It doesn't have the quaint streets that Ajijic has but it feels more Mexican than Ajijic. I spent an amazing weekend there and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here are some pictures that I did manage to take... most of which were of the green, beautiful mountains that surrounded the town. I swear I could spend hours just looking at them.
 |
| Looking down on Jocotopec |

 |
| A quaint little church nestled high up in the mountains. |
 |
| Breakfast with friends. |
 |
| The swimming pools were located perfectly to view the lake and mountains. |
No comments:
Post a Comment